#1 05-01-2010 08:12:43

chickenpa

gurgling sound

I have a chicken that is making a gurgling sound. It came on sudden. Earlier today she had a stuck yolk, but that was resolved. She  was drinking and eating ok then after she was picked up she started to shake her head violently and she was making a gurgling sound as she was breathing and her breathing was labored. Any advice is appreciated.

#2 05-02-2010 04:38:35

Basia
Platinum Member

Re: gurgling sound

Welcome to the site.
I have no idea what it could be.
I e-mailed Robin, she may be able to help.
How is your girl today?

"Quite Literally true that we are StarDust.  In the highest exulted way one could use that phrase."  Neil deGrasse Tyson

#3 05-02-2010 05:58:47

robin416
Grammy Award Member

I really don't know, there isn't enough information. Although let me ask a couple of questions; did you try to force food or water on her?

And what do you mean the egg yolk issue was resolved? How long had that been going on?

Search out and buy Made in America

#4 05-02-2010 08:42:19

chickenpa

Thanks for getting back to me. Bad news. She didn't make it. After we came home yesterday she was in the coop not able to move very well. A neighbor with more knowledge about chickens thought she may be egg bound did some things and to get the stuck egg out. Later another neighbor came over and told me that he found her in his yard and she wasn't moving very well. He brought her back and put her in the coop and fixed the fence.Long story short, I figure she was attacked by dogs and got out of range of the invisible fence when my neighbor found her. She may have had a broken rib that punctured a lung?. All the others are fine, except the rooster, who thinks I'm the bad guy because I brought her inside.

Board footer

Return to Crossing Show Recent

Return to Nesbits Diner Show Recent