#1 07-09-2008 09:07:36

countryhen
Double Platinum

Help me with my Gold Sex Link Chicks Please!

I have two 2 1/2 week old GSL chick pullets.  One is gold with the look of becoming a Golden Comet with all that coloringl.  The other is very light almost the color of butter and shows almost no difference in wing colors coming and if it is changing it is very light yellow or almost white?  What would it be mixed with to have two of them so very different and would a pullet chick be turning wery light yellow with white on it?  She is very pretty but does not look at all like she will be the color of the other one.  Please help me with pics or information as to what she ( and it will be a she right)  with that light yellow color?  I know that they are supposed to be easily sexed at birth because of the color right?  Thanks    Trudy

Take the time to appreciate the small things in life that most folks take for granted.

What  keeps  me  going  each  day !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T3sHPZr … p;index=16

#2 07-09-2008 09:20:46

johnnyjack
gone fishing
Website

Re: Help me with my Gold Sex Link Chicks Please!

this link may help i don't know to much about this breed. im sure others will have a say . good luck and sorry i couldn't be more help............   greet   jj       http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/CGP/ … xLink.html

#3 07-09-2008 10:27:07

BantyChickMom
Mod Squad

Trudy, if your sexlink has red coloring, even light buff, it is a pullet, the roosters would be white with a little
coloring in the wing feathers.
Golden sexlinks will vary in color and shade of that color so enjoy the little critters cause they grow up fast!

#4 07-10-2008 09:49:01

countryhen
Double Platinum

Okay thanks so much.  I have already been to feathesite and looked at all of the different GSL  and did't see one as light as mine.  I know she is a she because she is yellow.  I think she is gorgeous,  such a pretty color of light yellow.  Sunny is just the sweetest girl and I love her soo.  I can't wait to see what she grows into, and Honey is showing so many signs of becoming a Comet.  I am thrilled and don't you know I will definatly be ordering more GSL's  and other sex link chicks too next early spring,  if I can wait that long.   I am thinking possibly of ordering this fall and that way by spring everyone will be laying!   What do YOU think?   I am all for more fuzzy butts for sure.   Thanks   Trudy        clap    love      yay     chickie3        :exc

Take the time to appreciate the small things in life that most folks take for granted.

What  keeps  me  going  each  day !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T3sHPZr … p;index=16

#5 07-10-2008 04:23:20

BantyChickMom
Mod Squad

I am thinking possibly of ordering this fall and that way by spring everyone will be laying!

That was my justification for hatching all winter!!  rotflol

Board footer

Return to Crossing Show Recent

Return to Nesbits Diner Show Recent